T-Mobile outage

T-Mobile outage

    The national spread T-Mobile outage is over, calls should be working again

    Verizon and AT&T calls to T-Mobile should work also.
    T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T customers were mystified on Monday when their calls stopped working, in what turned out to be a national spread outage for T-Mobile’s network, specifically, that the lasted most of the day. Around 1AM Tuesday, the company has tweeted that voice calls and text messaging services had been fully restored.

    • Due to reports on Downdetector and on social media.

     reports spiking around 2:20 PM ET Monday. While AT&T told The Verge that its network was “operating normally” and Verizon said its network was “performing in a good way,” T-Mobile confirmed that it’ was working to fix “a voice and data problem that has been affecting customers and people around the country.”

    Verizon also said it was not to mistaken: “We’re aware that another carrier is having network problems. Calls to and from that carrier may receive an error messages,” read part of a statement from the company. It makes sense that what turns out to be a multi-network outage could actually stem from one carrier, since people reporting errors and failed calls don’t always know which carrier their recipient is using.

    As of 6PM ET, T-Mobile had already restored information services, but was still suffering to return phone calls to average.

    As of almost midnight ET, six hours after that update, T-Mobile wasn’t quite completed yet. “We are recovering from this now but it may still take many more hours before customer calling and texting is fully recovered,”
    you can read many blogs about this article.

    Multiple Verge crews were unable to place calls on T-Mobile on Monday. It turned out that both Sprint, right now a T-Mobile subsidiary, and US Cellular were also experiencing issues.

    It’s still unclear what the problem might have been, though T-Mobile said early Tuesday AM that it was an “IP traffic connected with issue that has made significant capacity issues in the network core throughout the day.” Earlier that evening, FCC chairman Ajit Pai tweeted that the outage was “unacceptable” and that the FCC will launch an investigation.

    During the T-Mobile outage and a brief Facebook Messenger outage, a rumor spread on social media that the United States was strugling a huge targeted distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack, but so far those rumors and false news seem unfounded. Security researcher Brian Krebs, who knows something or two about DDoS attacks, tweeted that there’s no indication that the outage was connected or realted to and terrors attaks. 

    Ahmed adel
    @Posted by
    writer and blogger, founder of Echo Life .

    Post a comment